COVID-19 Case Management
On January 5, 2022, Education Minister Dustin Duncan shared updated COVID-19 guidelines for schools. CTTCS documents and Return to School Plans will be updated to reflect these changes. As that work continues, the information below is intended to provide families with details impacting school operations and processes.
- New isolation expectations are explained in the chart below. Additional information regarding Self-Isolation Requirements for Students are also available by linking here.
- It is essential for parents / guardians to notify the school when students test positive on a Rapid Antigen Test or by a PCR test administered by the Saskatchewan Health Authority(SHA) so we can enact the communication protocol.
- Under the new provincial guidelines, school division will be leading the communication protocol regardless of the type of positive test.
- When schools are made aware of a positive test result, schools will issue a school wide alert as well as letters to potentially affected classrooms or cohorts. If you do not receive a classroom / cohort letter, your child was not considered at risk of exposure or considered a close contact.
- The Saskatchewan Schools: Student Close Contact Protocol chart below provides a summary of the process currently in place.
- Please direct any health-related inquires to HealthLine 811.
We appreciate your ongoing support and cooperation.