POSITION: CULTURAL COORDINATOR – Contract (2+yr)
Zagimē Anishinabēk is a progressive First Nations, located around 22 KM Northeast of the Town of Grenfell in Saskatchewan.
Christ the Teacher School Division and Zagimē Anishinabēk First Nations is seeking one highly motivated individual for a contract position of Cultural Coordinator. This support worker will assist St. Mary’s Elementary School and Dreambuilders High School teachers, principals, and administrators to understand the importance of Métis and First Nation perspectives and teachings.
- Work with teachers, principals, and administrators to develop culturally appropriate, engaging, and respectful activities.
- Work with the school staff to establish programs in the school to support the growth of First Nations students’ cultural and language knowledge.
- Work with the communities to develop partnership-based opportunities including but not limited to land-based, language and cultural learning.
- Visit classrooms, on request from the school administration to provide knowledge, teaching and information as well as to conduct appropriate in class activities to raise awareness and understanding of First Nation worldview, language, and understandings.
- Facilitating and providing school in-service and staff training development sessions that highlight promising practices which encourage success for First Nation content.
- Work with elders to teach cultural practices and share knowledge
- Other duties assigned by the ISSI team.
- Bachelors in Education preferred, or an equivalent combination of experience and training will be considered.
- Professional A teaching certificate would be an asset.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience teaching students.
- Must be willing to travel and must possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
- The environment requires excellent organization, time management and stress management skills.
- Must provide a criminal record check.
- Must submit a pre-employment drug screening prior to commencement of employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 28, 2022 @ 3:00 PM