School Bus Driver
For more information and to apply, please link to: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=PWTCA&cws=83&rid=8392
Location: Yorkton, SK
SOUTHLAND is currently seeking dedicated and safety-minded School Bus Drivers to join our team. This is an essential role that offers job security, a flexible schedule and allows you to make a difference on the front line by transporting our children to school safely. Both regular and spare positions currently available.
SOUTHLAND Transportation is currently offering a $1,000 bonus to existing “S” endorsed drivers for our full-time runs which will be provided after the 90 day probation has been completed. For those entering our training program to get licensed, a $500 training bonus will be given after all requirements have been met and probationary period completed.
The health and safety of our employees and passengers has always been our top priority. In response to COVID-19, we have implemented the following additional safety protocols:
- Safe and distanced interview process including virtual interviews and online onboarding
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Buses assigned to one driver wherever possible for fewer touch points
- Thorough wipe down of all high contact areas in the workplace (including buses) to be completed twice daily
- Sanitizing bus interiors with Health Canada-approved disinfectant
- Hand sanitizer stations in offices
Why You Should Choose SOUTHLAND
SOUTHLAND offers free personalized training, competitive wages, bonuses, and flexibility within your personal life.
- Part-time hours, perfect for a stay-at-home parent, entrepreneur, or retiree!
- Free S endorsement training
- Competitive wages – $73.20 per day
- Bring up to two preschool-aged children to work with you
- Referral and Safety bonuses
- Summers, weekends, and holidays off
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee recognition programs
Drivers are responsible for safely transporting students daily and must be committed to safety and customer service.
As a School Bus Driver, you will work a split shift, being paid for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. Drivers work during the school year and are given time off in July and August.
- Valid driver’s license (FREE S endorsement training provided)
- Organized, punctual and reliable
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Working knowledge of the area and map-reading skills
- Commitment to excellence in customer service